Thursday, August 12, 2010

Tetlin NWR - Small Gifts

Wrangell's from the Alaska Highway

Usually darkened by cloud cover and obscured by a slight haze yesterday morning the mountains were out in their full glory. They day continued to present us with small gifts: a coyote, a red fox, and incredible sunset among them.

Coyote along Alaska Highway 
As a cameraman I often find myself torn between two options - still or video. Most of the time video wins out because well, that is what I'm here to do. The consequence is my stills are often exits, after the really good shots have past when my still lens is more effective than the one on the video camera. 


I finished setting up cameras to capture the sunset and turned to find myself alone on this particularly beautiful stretch of highway. Laura appeared a couple minutes later with a handful of juicy blueberries.

Laura Ganis
Laura Ganis
Sunset over 40 Mile Country on the Taylor Highway
Last glimpse of the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment